Rich French Silk Pie Recipe: Delicious (and Impressive!) Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe for the Holidays by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
I found this recipe on 30Seconds.com and made it for Thanksgiving. It was easier than I expected and my family was very impressed! It’s rich and delicious and a nice change from the typical chocolate pie recipe. If you want to make it extra easy on yourself, use a frozen crust (I did!)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Total Time: 40 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pie crust (I used frozen and followed the directions on the package)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (3 ounces chopped and the rest for the topping)
- 1 cup real butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- whipped cream or frozen whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- shaved chocolate
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pie crust in a 450-degree F oven until golden brown (or per package directions if using frozen crust). Cool.
- In a pot, melt the chocolate over low heat. Cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Add the cooled chocolate and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat about 2 minutes between each addition until smooth. Pour into the pie shell.
- Refrigerate until cold and set, at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings/curls before serving, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.