Grandma's Creamy Custard Pie Recipe: An Old-fashioned Pie Recipe From Grandma's Recipe Box by 30Seconds Food
Creamy (and grandma!) is the name of the game with this easy, old-fashioned custard pie recipe. The filling takes minutes to whisk up and then the oven works its magic. The simple custard filling is flavored with vanilla and a touch of nutmeg. Delicious!
You could fancy this pie recipe up with some shaved chocolate or shredded coconut. For the best results, make sure to bring the eggs and milk to room temperature before baking.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of ground nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 3 cups whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- ground cinnamon, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla and nutmeg. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg and/or ground cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set. (All ovens bake differently, so check on the pie after 1 hour.) Remove and cool before storing in the refrigerator.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $8 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Mixing Bowls $8 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.