The Best Pie Recipes: 15 Incredible Thanksgiving Pie Recipes to Impress Your Guests by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
I’ve been spending a lot of time looking at pie recipes lately, in part because I’ve been archiving my mom’s recipes here at 30Seconds, and in part because I’m starting to get into the holiday spirit! This got me thinking: what makes a pie a great holiday pie? Which pies are the ones people look forward to each year? Which are the more unique ones?
After lots of thought (and wishing I were eating pie right now!), I put together a list for you to try this year. The list is varied, from sweet pies to tart, from traditional to no-bake pies. We even have a dairy-free pie recipe for you! If you think there’s one that should be on the list, please share it in the comments. Better yet, if you’d like to share a special pie recipe or any recipe, here's how.
2. Sweet and Tart Cranberry Pie: Cranberry lovers are going to be sweet on this tart cranberry pie recipe. Serve this Thanksgiving pie warm, room temperature or even cold with a big dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
3. Cinnamon Apple Pie: Nothing is more American than apple pie, and nothing welcomes fall better than a warm apple pie right out of the oven. This simple apple pie recipe has just enough cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon to not only make the perfect apple pie, but also to make your entire kitchen smell amazing.
5. Cheesecake Caramel Pecan Pie: Can't decide if you want to make a pecan pie or cheesecake for Thanksgiving? Combine the two! This sweet cheesecake caramel pecan pie recipe will be the first dessert to go and the most requested recipe this year. Betcha.
7. No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie: No-bake desserts take some of the guesswork out of baking. This easy no-bake coconut cream pie recipe uses a homemade cookie crust, but you could just as easily prepare it in a premade pie crust or even a traditional pie crust. It's your call.
8. No-Bake Chocolate and Caramel Pie: This isn't your typical caramel pie recipe. This is dreamy, creamy what-the-fluff magic.
9. Cinnamon Butterscotch Pie: Creamy and loaded with cinnamon flavor, this easy butterscotch cinnamon pie recipe needs to be on your Thanksgiving menu.
10. Mincemeat Pie: The word mincemeat may make you crinkle your nose, but it's simply a mixture of chopped dried fruit, nuts and alcohol, usually brandy or rum.
11. Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie: All things pumpkin pie spice just got better with this easy dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe.
12. French Silk Pie: French silk pie made its debut in 1951, when it was entered into the Pillsbury Bake Off by a woman named Betty Cooper. And for chocolate lovers, life would never be the same. This easy French silk pie recipe is elevated with the addition of crumbled chocolate chip cookies. Oh, my.
13. Creamy Pear Pie: This fall creamy pear pie recipe is out-of-this-world good.
14. Cinnamon Apple Cream Pie: If you love cinnamon, apples and all things creamy, this apple cream pie recipe is calling your name. Loaded with tender apples, cream and lots of cinnamon, it will be your new favorite pie recipe.
15. Sugar Cream Pie: Creamy vanilla custard baked into a flaky pie shell and topped with buttery cinnamon sugar. Oh, my. This easy sugar cream pie recipe can hold its own with that pumpkin pie, apple pie and pecan pie on Thanksgiving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.