Easy Mincemeat Pie Recipe: This (Meatless) Mincemeat Pie Is Worth a Try This Holiday Season by 30Seconds Food
The word mincemeat may make you crinkle your nose, but it's simply a mixture of chopped dried fruit, nuts and alcohol, usually brandy or rum. But yes, older recipes did container beef suet, beef or even venison. The mincemeat pie has English origins and is traditionally served during the Christmas season.
- 1 jar mincemeat pie filling
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried figs or dried apricots, chopped (or a combination of both)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum or brandy
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pie dough for a double-crust pie or 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, thawed
Here's how to make it:
- Mix together the mincemeat, apples, dried fruit, walnuts, brown sugar, lemon juice and rum or brandy in a bowl. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, let the pie filling come to room temperature, then preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put one crust into the bottom of a pie plate. Pour in the filling. Top with the second pie crust. Crimp edges. If not doing a lattice pattern, cut slits into the top of the pie crust.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mincemeat Pie Filling $4 & Up
Pie Plates $4 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
Dried Apricots $3 & Up
Dried Figs $4 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Lemon Juice $1 & Up
Pie Crusts $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.