Quick 20-Minute Crispy Tuna Cakes Recipe Is Easy on the Wallet by 30Seconds Food
Instead of salmon patties, why not try this easy tuna cakes recipe? You can have it on the table for your family in about 20 minutes. It's a budget recipe that is not lacking in the flavor department. The crispy tuna patties will be a hit with the family. Get ready for recipe requests!
The tuna cakes are made with tuna packed in water (drain it well!), garlic, onion, lemon juice, lemon zest, an egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise and grated Parmesan cheese. The mixture is shaped into patties and then breaded in breadcrumbs and Parmesan before being pan-fried to golden perfection.
Serve this budget-friendly crispy tuna cakes recipe with tartar sauce or remoulade sauce. Add a vegetable or grain and a salad, and you're all set for a wholesome, comforting family dinner. You could even use the tuna cakes to make sandwiches!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna in water, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced white onion or green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs or plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil, for frying
Here's how to make them:
- Combine all the tuna cake ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Form into patties.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breading ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Coat the tuna cakes with the breadcrumbs. Fry the patties in the hot oil until browned on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Tuna in Water $2 & Up
Panko $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.