Pretty in Pink Mediterranean Beet Hummus Recipe: Barbie™ Would Love This Recipe by Sarah Adler
This easy beet hummus recipe is so pretty in pink, which means Barbie™ would probably love it! It's such a beautiful, show-stopping little dish, and it's so multifunctional, too.
I love serving this beet hummus recipe for holidays or special occasions with vegetables and gluten-free crackers as a quick appetizer, but it also does double duty as a Mediterranean-style salad dressing, as a great filling inside an avocado for lunch or as a spread in place of mayonnaise on anything. Pink deviled eggs, anyone?
This hummus recipe keeps great in the fridge for up to eight days, so have some fun using it on leftovers, for snacks and whatever else you can dream up. It’s great topped with extra sesame seeds (as pictured), toasted pumpkin seeds or a chile-infused olive oil for a little spice. If you’re really short on time, use a clean store-bought hummus and puree with pre-cooked beets in a blender. Add extra seasonings, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 small pre-cooked beets
- 2 cans (approximately 15 ounces each) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- This recipe would be fun to serve on Valentine's Day.
- Store the leftover hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Sauté the onions in a skillet over medium heat until slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth, adding more olive oil or a bit of water if a thinner consistency is preferred.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Portions excerpted from Simply Real Eating. Copyright 2020 by Sarah Adler. Photography by Carina Skrobecki Photography. Reproduced by permission of The Countryman Press. All rights reserved.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.