Festive Beet Hummus Recipe Makes a Healthy & Savory Summer Snack by Gwen Johnson
Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- 2 pounds beets, washed well
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup tahini
Here's how to make it:
- Put the beets in a large pot and cover with water. Put into a preheated 425-degree F oven and cook until tender, about 2 hours. Drain beets well, remove the skin and cut into pieces. Allow to cool at least 1 hour.
- Add the beets, garlic, coriander and lemon juice to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth, then slowly add the olive oil.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the tahini. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with toasted baguette slices, pita bread, breadsticks or fresh vegetables.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.