Whipped Provenćal Mashed Potatoes Recipe Is Lick-the-Bowl Good by Java Hemmat
Family, friends and food! This simple classic mashed potato recipe was a hit in our kitchen. With herbes de provence, garlic and butter, how could it not have been?
Creamy and fluffy, this whipped Provenćal mashed potato recipe is perfect with any protein. It's right at home beside that Easter ham.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups cold water (enough to cover an inch over the potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Hummus Chick Provence or Herbes de Provence
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with water 1 inch over the top of the potatoes. Season water with salt, to taste. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt butter. Add the garlic, Provence seasoning and cream until everything is incorporated.
- Drain the potatoes and put them back in the bowl if you're using an electric mixer or place the potatoes in a food processor. Start blending and slowly pour in the butter/cream mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Garnish with chives and/or parsley. Serve warm.
Photo: Hummus Chick
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.