Jiffy Cornbread Stuffing Recipe Is an Easy Thanksgiving Side Dish by Donna John
Every family has their must-have Thanksgiving dishes. Cornbread stuffing is a must at our Thanksgiving table. My grandma, however, did not use a recipe. She used a little or this and a little of that. So over the years I've experimented with different cornbread dressing recipes. This cornbread stuffing recipe is super easy to make.
To make this Thanksgiving cornbread stuffing recipe you will need Jiffy cornbread mix (or whatever cornbread you prefer), seasoned herb stuffing, celery, onion, butter, eggs, chicken or vegetable broth and sage. The stuffing is ready in about 40 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 packages (8.5 ounces each) Jiffy cornbread (or your favorite cornbread mix), baked, cooled, set out to dry overnight and crumbled
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned herb stuffing
- 6 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 box (28 ounces) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 - 2 teaspoons dried sage (optional)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- The sage is optional, so if you don't like it, just omit.
- You could add some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives.
- You can make the cornbread up to two days ahead of time.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the celery and onion in butter until soft.
- Combine the crumbled cornbread and stuffing mix is a large bowl.
- Add the celery and onions, eggs and broth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Pour into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.1g
Saturated Fat: 8.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 54.2g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
Total Sugars: 9.6g
Vitamin D: 9mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.