Baked Eggs in Avocado With Fresh Herbs Puts the "Ahhh" in Avocado by Gwen Johnson
Silky eggs. Creamy avocado. It's a match made in healthy eating heaven. Serve for breakfast or pair with a salad and you have a simple, protein-packed lunch or dinner. Ahhhh.
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 2 large eggs
- chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. With a spoon, remove a little of the avocado to create a larger space for the egg.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs and red pepper flakes, if using. Serve.