Omelette in a Bag Recipe Will Change the Way You Make Breakfast by Donna John
When a recipe for an omelette made in a plastic storage bag and boiled came across my Facebook feed, it had to happen. The omelet may not win a beauty contest, but it tasted great. Red pepper, grated Parmesan and chopped onion were my mix-ins of choice, and the garnish was a sprinkle of dill.
Get creative with your spices! Try garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried dill, red pepper flakes, everything bagel seasoning or Mrs. Dash. Now, why would you want to make omelets in a bag? Here are a few good reasons:
- On a camping trip, make these the night before and all you need to do is boil a pot of water in the morning. You could even make them before you leave and keep them in a cooler.
- If your kid has a slumber party, let the kids prepare their omelets that morning or the night before and write their names on the bags. Throw them all into a large pot of boiling water and you're officially a slumber party pro.
- Have a fun family omelet night. Put out a bunch of fillings and let your family create their own unique omelet. Picky eaters may even give it a try if it's prepared in a fun way.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 13 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 17 minutes
- omelet mix-ins: shredded cheese, chopped veggies, chopped cooked meat, chopped herbs, etc.
- gallon-size plastic freezer bags
Here's how to make it:
- Crack 2 to 3 eggs into a storage bag.
- Add your desired mix-ins and season with salt and pepper.
- Squish around in the bag to combine.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add the zipper bag to the boiling water and cook about 13 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs reach desired doneness. (The more ingredients you had, the longer it will take.)
- Cut open the bag and slide it onto a plate. Garnish as desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Omelette Pans $10 & Up
Omelette Spatula $6 & Up
Egg Rings $6 & Up
Gallon-Size Freezer Bags $4 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Mrs. Dash $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Dried Dill $2 & Up
Everything Bagel Seasoning $4 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Large Soup Pot $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.