Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe Is the Way to Welcome Soup Season by Donna John
Who doesn't love jalapeno poppers? This jalapeno popper chicken soup recipe takes those flavors and turns them into a thick, flavorful soup! This creamy jalapeno popper soup is absolutely delicious and you need to make it ASAP.
The soup has lots of flavorful ingredients: jalapenos, red onion, bell pepper or poblano pepper, chicken stock, potatoes, corn, cooked shredded chicken, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, fresh parsley and heavy cream. They all cook up together on the stovetop for a deliciously creamy Mexican-inspired soup.
Here is your shopping list for this creamy jalapeno popper chicken soup recipe: jalapenos, onion, bell pepper, chicken broth, potatoes, frozen corn, chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream and parsley, to garnish. This creamy chicken soup recipe will become a family favorite for lunch or dinner.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large jalapenos, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper or poblano pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 - 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 - 5 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- You may be leery about adding four jalapenos, but trust me, the soup is not overly spicy at all. Add 'em!
- If you use a poblano instead of a bell pepper, the soup will be spicier.
- You could add a can of drained white beans to the soup for added fiber. Who doesn't need a little extra fiber in their diet?
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the jalapenos, onion and pepper in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the corn, cooked chicken, cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and a little parsley. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Add the cream and slowly heat through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 47.1g
Saturated Fat: 24.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 94.5g
Dietary Fiber: 13.8g
Total Sugars: 16.6g
Vitamin D: 15mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.