This Easy Bacon Clam Chowder Recipe Is Creamy & Comforting by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 4 - 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped small
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 2 – 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans clams, plus their liquid
- oyster crackers or slices of toasted baguette
Here's how to make it:
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the bacon grease (you can remove some if you feel it’s too much) add the butter, chopped onion and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the flour and stir until blended.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking, until it’s smooth. Add the half and half or cream, potatoes and bay leaf. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the clams and their liquid and the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Heat through. Serve with oyster crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.