Extreme Chocolate Cake Recipe Just May Be the Best Cake You'll Ever Make by Kimberly Johnson
This is literally the best chocolate cake recipe I have ever made. Ever. It's the perfect dessert to make for special occasions (Father's Day is Sunday, June 18!), or on any old Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ... you get the idea. There's nothing like a homemade "death by chocolate" cake, especially this one. Literally nothing.
To make this extreme chocolate cake recipe you'll need granulated sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, butter and powdered sugar. The cake batter is baked in two 9-inch round cake pans. After the cakes cool, frost with the chocolate frosting made with butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Delicious!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a bowl, stir together dry cake ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Gently stir in boiling water. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. After 10 minutes remove from pans to cool completely.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Alternately stir in remaining frosting ingredients. Beat to a spreading consistency.
- Split the cake layers horizontally. Stack the layers on a serving plate, covering each layer with frosting. Frost the outside. Enjoy!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.