This Moist Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe Would Make Grandma Proud by Chef Gigi
Rich, moist and absolutely irresistible. No, you don't want to lose this easy chocolate pound cake recipe. This is not your grandma’s pound cake, but she’ll be proud after tasting it!
To make this moist chocolate pound cake you will need just a few pantry ingredients. Nothing fancy! Here is your shopping list for this chocolate cake: cocoa powder, cake flour, baking powder, kosher salt, butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and milk.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 65 minutes
Total Time: 75 to 85 minutes
Servings: 10 (makes 1 loaf)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk, at room temperature
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf Pans
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Use my chocolate ganache glaze recipe or dust with powdered sugar.
- To bring eggs to room temperature faster, put them in a bowl of warm water.
Here’s how you make it:
- Butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the boiling water into the cocoa powder a little at a time making a lump-free paste until the cocoa powder has dissolved and is smooth. Cool.
- In a separate bowl, sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- With stand or hand mixer, beat butter until pale and smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat, on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl as needed. Beat in the cooled cocoa mixture.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture alternating with the milk. Mix only until combined. (Do not overmix!)
- Fill the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center just comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 15 to 20 minutes. Run a knife around the inside of the pan to remove the cake. Peel off parchment paper, re-invert and cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 21g
Saturated Fat: 12.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 41.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 25.4g
Vitamin D: 20mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.