Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Makes a Great On the Go Breakfast by Christine Jones
Busy mornings call for breakfast on the go. These baked oatmeal muffins are the champs of make-ahead breakfast foods. Bake up a batch at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge for an easy reheat option for a healthy breakfast or snacks you can take with you.
These yummy apple pie baked oatmeal cups are better warm, because the texture is that of baked oatmeal, more than muffins. Toss in a little chopped fruit or nuts to customize the recipe for your family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup finely-diced apples
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, apples and bananas together in a bowl until well blended.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in milk until all is blended.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line with cupcake liners. Pour mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake 30 minutes (a toothpick in center should come out clean). Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.