Vegetable Frittata Muffins Recipe: These Easy Veggie Frittatas Are a Quick Breakfast or Elegant Brunch by Chef Gigi
By making these individual vegetable frittatas in advance, you can just grab them and go on busy weekday mornings. On the weekends, take your time and enjoy them over brunch. No one needs to know how easy they are to make, but you!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup broccoli, small dice
- 1 cup spinach, chopped (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- cooking oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make them:
- Melt some cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper, cook until tender.
- Add spinach (if using), half of the chives, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir, cover and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray six muffin tins with non-stick spray. Fill with a layer of cooked veggies. Sprinkle a pinch or two of cheese, then top with beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15-20 minutes. Top with remaining chives.