Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Donut Recipe: A Baked Vegan Pumpkin Doughnut Recipe With Cinnamon-Sugar Dust by Chef Gigi
Add to collection
Topped with cinnamon sugar, these vegan pumpkin doughnuts are super duper fluffy, and so easy to make! No one will even know they're vegan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup nut milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Here’s how you make them:
- Generously grease a doughnut pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir to combine. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Cool.
- For the topping, melt the coconut oil. Set aside. Combine the sifted sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Once the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip them in the melted coconut oil, then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cake Flour $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Pumpkin Puree $2 & Up
Allspice $4 & Up
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
White Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Donut Pans $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Want super duper light -- add a lots of air when mixing - ( use the whip attachment instead of paddle in a stand mixer) adding air creates lots of bubbles so
In the oven the air escapes which also means the end result will be a much more delicate product! ( it happens more when you add yeast ) Just be careful that tossing in the cinnamon sugar with the coconut oil at the end doesn't deflate or crush them. I hope you love them-- u can increase the pumpkin flavor by adding 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice seasoning to the Cinnamon sugar mix at the end; too ! ( shhh secret ) !
Thank you for these!!