Warm & Fluffy Baked Apple Cider Donuts Recipe Is Ready in About 20 Minutes by Christine Jones
One of our favorite things about fall is apple picking and warm apple cider donuts! Unfortunately, living in downtown Chicago means that we're not near an orchard where we can consistently pick up a box of these gems. After seeing a donut baking pan, I decided to do a quick search on Pinterest, which pulled up hundreds of drool-worthy recipes!
The kids and I eliminated recipes based on time and difficulty, like ones that required frying (too messy), and ones that called for peeled and grated apples (too much work). We landed on a super-easy breakfast recipe for apple cider donuts that promised warm donuts in less than 20 minutes. They were a huge hit! I'm still in shock over how easy they are to make, and it only requires one bowl (sold).
Cool tip: I made the batter and stored it in the fridge overnight, and all I had to do was pop them in the oven for 10 minutes in the morning while the kids were getting dressed. My kids finished breakfast in record time! Here's my variation on the delicious baked apple cider donuts recipe. They would also be a wonderful addition to a fall brunch, or a delicious dessert idea!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Servings: 12 donuts
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup milk or nut milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Here's how to make them:
- Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir to blend.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Fill each space in the donut pan about three-quarters full. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- For the topping, mix dry ingredients until well blended. When donuts are cool, brush each one with melted butter. Dip each donut into the topping mixture until you have the desired amount of topping on each donut. Serve quickly for tastiest results!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.