Simple Basil Pesto Recipe: This Delicious Pesto Recipe Is What to Put On Pasta, Sandwiches & More by Jan Mostrom
I grow basil every summer, and often it grows faster than I can add it to my salads! I love making this simple basil pesto recipe to use some of that great basil. This recipe freezes well, so you can enjoy it long after the basil plants are done producing. Here's the tasty basil recipe I use on pasta, sandwiches and toast. So healthy and so good!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large bunches basil (about 4 cups loosely packed)
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- juice of half a lemon
Here's how you make it:
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and pulse again.
To use on pasta, put into a small bowl and blend in 1 to 4 tablespoons of soft butter. Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. To freeze, put the pesto in freezer containers and spread a thin layer of olive oil on top.