Come On, Summer: 5 Signs That I'm Ready for the School Year to End Already! by Dawn Taylor
I love structure and school days, and my hard-working children/scholars make me a proud mom almost every day. But, when the school year starts to wind down, there are signs that this mom is ready for summer vacation. Here are five signs that I am ready:
- My alarm clock that was once set for 6 a.m. that allowed me plenty of time to assist with morning routines is now met with grunts and groans (mine) and the snooze button is showing signs of wear and tear.
- The cut-up veggies and fruit for my kids to add to their lunches are now replaced with veggie crackers and Fruit by the Foot. Pretty much the same, right?
- Permission slips returned pronto are now emails begging teachers to still let my kids go on end-of-the-year field trips. My need to impress is gone. Who can find a pen or pencil in June, anyway??
- Shouting "I love you" while still in bed counts as a proper send off. I'm teaching them independence after all. If they don't know how to pick outfits by now, I have bigger worries.
- When kids are running late for school my response sounds like this: " They don't use it against you on college apps!! BYE!!"
Mrs. Taylor ... OUT.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.