Cinnamon: Health Benefits of This Spice You May Not Have Known About! by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
9 months ago
Cinnamon tastes amazing, but did you know it also has health benefits? Here are a few:
- The USDA has found that cinnamon may enhance insulin activity, increasing the metabolism of fat and helping to lower blood sugar.
- It may have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, helping fight the fungus that leads to yeast infections and the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers.
- As an anti-inflammatory food, cinnamon may support healthy blood flow.
- Its scent has been reported to actually boost brain health, especially in terms of memory and attention.
- Perfect for winter, cinnamon’s warming properties can relieve symptoms of cold and flu.
Sprinkle and enjoy!