Bananas & Peanut Butter Toast: A Kid Favorite Earns High Nutrition Points! by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Bananas are loaded with potassium, which helps the body retain less of the sodium found in salty foods, like peanut butter. When potassium enters the cells, sodium leaves, which is key for lowering hypertension and water retention. A perfect food combination, with all of that in mind, is bananas and peanut butter. The good news? You’ll love this peanut butter and banana toast as much as your kids!
- whole-grain bread
- bananas, sliced
- peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds or chopped peanuts (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Toast the bread, if desired.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter on the bread.
- Top with sliced bananas.
- Sprinkle with seeds or chopped nuts, if using.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.