2018 Advent Fitness Challenge: Let's Keep Moving Through This Crazy Time of the Year! by Susan Masterson
As we approach the busiest time of year, don't forget to keep moving! When life gets in the way, it's so easy to forget to take care of ourselves. Join the "Doctor Strive to Thrive" Advent Challenge and download the graphic (password: 30 Seconds) to keep (a little) focus on your own wellness!
This challenge is geared toward beginners, but anyone can do it by bumping it up or down to meet your own needs. The challenge starts December 2, so get ready! We will alternate a little cardio on odd number days between all the strength moves except at the end – we'll end with cardio.
- December 2: 10 minutes yoga/stretching
- December 3: 10 minutes cardio
- December 4: 10 sets bicep curls (use hand weights or water bottles and don't forget to do both arms)
- December 6: 15 crunches
- December 8: 10 minutes yoga
- December 10: 15 squats
- December 12: 15 reverse crunches/leg lifts
- December 14: 10 sets tricep curls
- December 16: 15 minutes yoga/stretching
- December 18: 20 crunches
- December 20: 20 squats
- December 22: 20 reverse crunches/leg lifts
- December 23: 15 minutes yoga
- December 24: 20 minutes cardio
Of course, if you're ambitious, this can be a starting point for you to do more (go for it!). Don't forget to always be safe when you exercise. Happy holidays!