How to Balance Your Chakras: A Simple Self-Care Practice You Can Do Every Day by Stephanie Cannoe
A daily self-care technique, which anyone can do, is to balance your chakras. You can restore a harmonious flow of energy across the chakra system by inviting self-kindness and loving awareness into your body. I find it is essential to begin a dialogue with your body in this way to heal and restore your energies daily.
Chakras are circular (or flower petal shaped) vortexes of energy lying across seven different points on our spinal column (see below). The seven chakras are connected to different glands and organs in the body and are responsible for uniform distribution of “Chi” (also called “Qi” or life force energy) through them. The effect of well-balanced chakras often translates into a feeling of well-being, relaxation, centeredness, increased vitality and embodiment of oneself.
To become oriented with your subtle energy, in your mind’s eye notice if there is tension or a sense of disconnection anywhere in your body felt as either blocked or overly active energy. For example, when a chakra is overly active it may feel hot and you may notice a lot of activity in that area versus a chakra that is cold with little movement. However you relate, these are cues that are unique to your body. Trust yourself and your intuitive perception and recognize the important information that is available to help bring greater balance to your life, just by bringing your loving awareness to it.
Before you begin chakra balancing, invite all sensations and affirm you will be with your body and open, rather than demanding from it with judgment. Finally, let go of any outcome other than simply being with and honoring whatever shows up.
Like most of us, your energy may change day by day, as well as your state of mind, so to help bring focus to your daily self-care practice ground yourself in the affirmations I’ve listed below. With this as your guide, to begin, place your hand on the chakra of your immediate attention, while attuning to the intention of your affirmation. Now, simply let yourself be led. Allow your senses to reveal to you what needs your loving attention. Remember this is a process, and as you make this a daily practice you will deepen your level of self-awareness. Be kind to yourself.
- The Root Chakra – “I am filled with humility. I am enough as I am.”
- The Sacral Chakra – “I am radiant, beautiful and strong and enjoy a healthy and passionate life.”
- The Solar Plexus – “I accept myself completely. I accept that I have strengths and I accept that I have weaknesses.”
- The Heart Chakra – “Love is the answer to everything in life, and I give and receive love unconditionally.”
- The Throat Chakra – “My thoughts are positive, and I always express myself truthfully and clearly.”
- The Third Eye Chakra – “I am wise, and I understand the true meaning of life’s situations.”
- The Crown Chakra – “I am complete and one with the divine energy.”
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.