Healthy Dads: 5 Reasons Why a Health Checkup Is the Best Father’s Day Gift by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
A staggering 60 percent of men don’t get regular health checkups and, on average, die five years earlier than their spouses. Here are five reasons why a checkup is the best Father’s Day gift of all:
- You can’t check blood pressure with a coffee mug. One in three people have high blood pressure, and half have no idea.
- Lawnmowers cut grass, not cholesterol. High cholesterol has no symptoms, and less than one-third of people with high cholesterol have it under control.
- Golf clubs can’t detect cancer. A cancer screening is essential to early detection – and is the key to beating cancer.
- A six-pack won’t give him a six-pack. Weight, exercise, diet and sleep matter. Providers have helpful tips for healthy living.
- A great checkup beats a new tie. Dad may not have any health issues, but he won’t know unless he goes.
Happy (Healthy) Father's Day!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.