Creamy 4-Ingredient Baked Acorn Squash Recipe Will Impress by Donna John
Acorn squash is one of the vegetables of fall. Rich, creamy and satisfying, this easy acorn squash recipe is a fun addition to any dinner or holiday menu. The sweet acorn squash are baked then topped with three simple ingredients that turn into a Parmesan cream topping. Delish! Plus, this easy baked squash recipe comes in its own serving bowl. One less thing to wash!
To make this easy baked acorn squash recipe you will need acorn squash, heavy cream, fresh thyme or oregano and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The squash are baked until tender after being seasoned with salt and pepper, topped with fresh herbs and the hole filled with heavy cream. The last step is adding the fresh Parmesan cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- few sprigs fresh thyme or oregano
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Aluminum Foil
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Pepper Grinder
- I use about 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan per squash half, but you can use as much or little as you like.
- Cutting a thin strip off the bottom of the squash halves helps keep them stable in the baking pan.
- For easier cleanup, line the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- This acorn squash recipe could easily be doubled or tripled.
Here's how to make it:
- Cut a thin strip off the bottom of the acorn squash halves to keep them from wobbling in pan. Place in a baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Divide the heavy cream between the two squash halves. Top with the fresh herbs.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree F oven for about 40 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Top with the grated Parmesan and continue to bake about 10 minutes more. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 7.3g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 23.1g
Dietary Fiber: 3.2g
Total Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 8mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.