The Easiest Turkey Gravy Recipe: This Thanksgiving Gravy Is Foolproof by 30Seconds Food
Do you stress about making gravy as the turkey bakes away on Thanksgiving Day? Don't stress! Making a rich, flavorful turkey gravy doesn't have to be hard and time consuming. This easy homemade turkey gravy recipe has just three simple ingredients for a basic gravy, but can be fancied up with seasonings and spices.
To make this easy, foolproof turkey gravy you will need your drippings from the roasted turkey, chicken broth and flour. That's it! The ingredients cook up together on the stovetop. Add some dried thyme and sage, or use poultry seasoning or salt and black pepper to jazz it up to fit your family's tastes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Season it up by adding 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon sage, 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning or just use salt and black pepper, to taste. You could also stir in fresh herbs like thyme, parsley, rosemary or chives.
- Leave as much of the turkey fat in the gravy as you desire.
- Use gluten-free flour for a gluten-free gravy.
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the turkey drippings into a large 4-cup glass measuring cup. Remove most of the fat from the surface of the turkey drippings.
- Add enough chicken broth to the turkey drippings to measure 3 cups.
- In a saucepot, whisk together 3/4 cup of the remaining chicken broth and flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in the turkey drippings and broth. Stir in any seasonings. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.8g
Saturated Fat: 1.1g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
Total Sugars: 0.4g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.