3-Ingredient Pumpkin Mousse Recipe Is How to Welcome Fall by Ann Marie Patitucci
If you love fall, if you are one of the pumpkin-everything people and especially if you love mousse, too, then this pumpkin mousse recipe is for you. It’s a dessert trifecta: light, delicious and easy to prepare!
With just four simple ingredients, you can have this dessert recipe ready in no time. Be sure to allow time for the pumpkin mousse to chill. For crunch, add some crushed-up graham cracker crumbs to the top. You could even layer the mousse with graham cracker crumbs to fancy it up even more.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Chill Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours and 40 minutes
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin purée
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- graham cracker crumbs, for sprinkling (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a saucepan, heat condensed milk over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until milk becomes slightly darker in color, about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in pumpkin puree and salt. Continue to cook, stirring often, until mixture begins to bubble up, about 4 to 5 minutes more. Strain mixture through a fine sieve/colander into a large bowl, pressing on the solids with a spatula or spoon. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip the cream to medium peaks in a separate large bowl. Transfer one-third of the cream to a small bowl, cover and chill until ready to use. Mix a few spoonfuls of remaining whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture to lighten it, then add remaining whipped cream into pumpkin mixture (saving enough to put one dollop in each glass when serving).
- Divide among eight dessert glasses. Chill mousse for at least 3 hours. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Pumpkin Puree $2 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Graham Cracker Crumbs $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.