4-Ingredient Cranberry Chicken Recipe: Another Winner Chicken Dinner by Melissa Vickers
I like easy recipes, and I like chicken recipes with a sweet and savory sauce. Throw in the convenience of a meal in a Crock Pot™ and pantry ingredients, and this four-ingredient cranberry chicken recipe is a winner!
The savory sauce for this chicken recipe is just a mixture of whole berry cranberry sauce, French dressing and instant onion soup mix. That's it. The simple chicken dinner can be made in a slow cooker or baked in the oven. With minimal prep and ingredients, this is sure to be a family favorite.
I served this tasty cranberry chicken with wild rice and threw in some sautéed mushrooms. But it would be equally as delicious with mashed potatoes. Add a salad or a fresh vegetable for a complete comforting meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 5 hours (slow cooker) or 1 hour (oven)
Total Time: 4 to 5 hours or 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces (trim excess fat)
- 1 cup French salad dressing
- 1 packet (1 ounce) instant onion soup mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix onion soup, cranberry sauce and salad dressing in a bowl.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Cover with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. If you’d like a thicker sauce, add a slurry made from 1/2 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch whisked together.
- If you prefer to cook this recipe in the oven, place chicken and sauce in a greased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Whole Cranberry Sauce $2 & Up
French Salad Dressing $1 & Up
Dry Onion Soup Mix $2 & Up
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.