Most-Requested 4-Ingredient French Chicken Recipe for the Win by Donna John
Bottled French salad dressing, dry onion soup mix and apricot preserves? If this chicken recipe sounds a little strange to you, know you are not alone. But hold on! The chicken was délicieuse (delicious)!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 4 - 8 bone-in chicken pieces or boneless chicken thighs (I used bone-in thighs)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) French salad dressing (I used Wish-Bone Deluxe French Dressing)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix (I used Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix)
- 1 small jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves (I used Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot Preserves)
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and put it into a baking dish.
- Combine the salad dressing, soup mix and preserves in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, making sure to cover the chicken completely.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. Baste occasionally with the sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wish-Bone Deluxe French Dressing $3 & Up
Lipton Onion Soup Mix $2 & Up
Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot $4 & Up
French Salad Dressing $3 & Up
Dry Onion Soup Mix $2 & Up
Apricot Preserves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.