Cheers to Cantaritos: A Refreshing Mexican Tequila Cocktail Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
Cantaritos are tequila-based Mexican cocktails made with citrus and grapefruit soda. They are known to have originated in the state of Jalisco, which is also the birthplace of tequila.
Cantaritos are traditionally served in clay jugs called jarritos de barro, which translates to “little jugs.” The traditional clay cups keep the sweet, tangy and refreshing tequila cocktails cold. You can find clay cups made by artisans online at Etsy.
This easy cantaritos recipe is made with orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, lime juice, tequila blanco and grapefruit soda. The tequila cocktail recipe makes one serving, but you can increase the ingredient measurements to make more for a crowd.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila blanco (tequila in its purest form)
- pinch of salt
- grapefruit soda
- lime, lemon or grapefruit wedge (optional)
- lime and salt rim (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- If you're using regular drinking glasses, fill them with ice and water. If you’re using jarritos, submerge them in water while you move to step 2.
- Squeeze orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime juice into a cocktail shaker or cup. Add the tequila and salt. Stir.
- Remove the jarritos from the water or empty out the glasses. Fill halfway with ice and pour the citrus mixture over top. Fill the rest with grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with an optional wedge of lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit. Serve with a lime wedge and salt rim, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.