Epic Manhattan Cocktail Recipe: Bada Bing Cherries Add Extra Zing to This Classic Manhattan Cocktail Recipe by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
For happy hour, sometimes you just need to kick it old school, like with a classic Manhattan cocktail. While there may be several versions of the history of the Manhattan, it’s pretty clear that this drink originated in Manhattan in the 1800s. And, it’s making a comeback!
Whether you’ve never tried a Manhattan cocktail or you’re already a fan, you’ll want to try this epic version that I recently made for my husband for happy hour. Typically, this drink is served with maraschino cherries, but I made it my own by using Bada Bing, and he was really happy.
- 1 full shot whiskey (I use Maker’s Mark bourbon whiskey)
- 1/2 shot sweet vermouth (I use Carpano Antica Formula)
- 1 - 2 dashes bitters (I use Peychaud’s)
- 1 - 2 Bada Bing cherries (I use Stonewall Kitchen)
- 1 large square or round ice cube (I got my giant ice cube trays via Amazon)
- orange or lemon peel (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice.
- Add the whiskey, vermouth and bitters. For added flavor and color, I add a 1/2 teaspoon of Bada Bing cherry juice. Shake the mixture a few times to blend it.
- If desired, rub the orange or lemon peel around the rim of a lowball glass. Put one large square or round ice cube into the glass and strain the drink over it. Add 1 or 2 Bada Bing cherries.
Makes one serving (though you may want to make many more). Cheers and enjoy!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ice Cube Molds $17
Whiskey Glasses $12 & Up
Maker's Mark Products $8 & Up
Peychaud Bitters $10 & Up
Luxardo Cherries $18 & Up
Sweet Vermouth $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.