Copycat Chick-fil-a Nuggets Recipe Will Make You Go Weak in the Knees by Donna John
I try not to eat much fast food, but one of my weaknesses is Chick-fil-a. The chicken nuggets and waffle fries make my knees go weak. It's a problem. A friend of mine told me about a copycat Chick-fil-a recipe for nuggets she makes that tastes pretty close to those tender chunks of joy the restaurant sells.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours to marinate
Servings: 2 to 4
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the milk, pickle juice and egg in a bowl. Put the chicken nuggets into the marinade and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (375 degrees F).
- Put the flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper and paprika into a food zipper bag. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it into the bag with the flour mixture. Shake.
- Fry the chicken a few pieces at a time until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.