Spectacular Spinach Shakshuka Recipe Shakes Up Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch or Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Cuisine: African / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 - 6 eggs
- feta cheese
- chopped fresh herbs
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeno. Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, coriander, cinnamon and salt. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach as wilted, about 5 to 6 minutes. When wilted, spread the spinach evenly on the bottom of the pan. Make indentions for each egg.
- Break the eggs into the indentions. Increase heat to medium, cover and cook until eggs are set to your liking, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Top with crumbled feta, cracked black pepper and fresh herbs.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.