Creamy 6-Ingredient Chicken Curry Recipe Is Ready In 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
You can make this chicken curry in a hurry! With just six simple ingredients, this easy chicken curry recipe has minimal prep and cooks in less than 15 minutes. Yes, 15 minutes!
This chicken curry recipe is so simple to prepare. Onion and yellow bell pepper are cooked in olive oil in a skillet until softened. Stir in half of the curry powder (yes, just half) and cook for about two minutes to release the flavors. The seasoned vegetables are then removed to a plate and set aside. The chicken is cooked next in the same skillet and sprinkled with the remaining curry powder to add flavor. Put the cooked vegetables back into the pan along with the frozen peas and sour cream and heat through. Done!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (divided)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sour cream (see Recipe Notes)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- You could use light sour cream or even plain Greek yogurt instead of regular sour cream.
- Try this recipe with red, orange or green bell pepper instead of yellow.
- Adjust the amount of curry powder to fit your tastes.
- Try this recipe with ground chicken instead of chicken breast.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Cook the pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add half of the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Remove the vegetables to a plate.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle with the remaining curry powder. Cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Put the onions and peppers back into the pan along with the peas. Heat through.
- Stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.3g
Saturated Fat: 5.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
Total Sugars: 3.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.