Pot Roast Tacos Recipe: An Easy Taco Recipe You Don't Want to Lose by 30Seconds Food
Pot roast is just about as comforting of a meal as you can get. But think about this: taking that moist, tender pot roast, cutting or shredding it and using it for tacos. Sounds amazing, right? A beef chuck roast is seasoned with Mexican spices, browned and then baked until it's fall-apart tender. After it's shredded, it's piled onto tortillas with your desired taco toppings.
This easy pot roast tacos recipe is sure to be included in meal rotation after one bite. The beef chuck roast makes the perfect taco filling. All you need to make these pot roast taco recipe is a chuck roast, olive oil, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cayenne pepper, an onion, a can of chopped tomatoes and tortillas (corn or flour).
Serve this shredded beef taco recipe for dinner with your favorite taco toppings like guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped onion, pico de gallo, salsa, jalapenos and shredded cheese
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Mexican / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 3 hours
Total Time: 2 to 3 hours
- 1 chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ground cayenne, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- flour tortillas or corn tortillas, warmed
- Try this recipe with a pork butt instead of a beef chuck roast.
- Use any leftover meat for sandwiches or make a taco salad.
Here's how to make it:
- Season the roast with salt and pepper, to taste, and the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Brown the roast on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes, onions and water. Bring to a simmer. Cover and put it into a preheated 325-degree F oven. Bake for 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove the meat from the cooking liquid and shred or cut into pieces. Serve in tortillas with desired taco toppings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 25.9g
Saturated Fat: 8.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 4.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Total Sugars: 1.4g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.