Fantastic Marinated Chimichurri Chicken Recipe Is Clean Eating Done Right by 30Seconds Food
"Chimichurri sauce is one of my favorite sauces for everything!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Sauces such as chimichurri, or dressings, receive a lot of their flavors from the olive oil, so you really want to make sure that you actually like the taste of the oil you’re using!
"Do a taste test to make sure the oil isn’t too strong for your preferences because your sauce will taste like the oil that you use. I love purchasing oils that are sold in dark glass bottles, organic if possible (buy when they’re on sale!)." Serve this delicious chicken recipe with your favorite side dishes for dinner.
Prep Time: 2 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 red chili, seeded and very finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- large handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- large handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- To make the chimichurri sauce, in a glass jar or glass bowl add all the chimichurri sauce ingredients except for the oil. Stir together well, then allow the flavors to develop for 10 minutes. Add in the oil, fit the lid on and shake vigorously, or whisk to combine. Divide your chimichurri sauce to use as a dipping sauce and marinade.
- To marinate the chicken, add half of the chimichurri sauce to a shallow dish and add in the chicken, completely covering the chicken with the sauce on all sides. Cover dish and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, and up to overnight. Keep the remaining half of the untouched chimichurri sauce to serve as a dip (be careful not to get into contact with the raw meat!).
- To cook the chicken, take the marinated chicken out of the fridge about 15 to 20 minutes prior to cooking. Grill the chicken over medium heat, or cook it in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, about 4 to 5 minutes each side, until cooked through and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degrees F. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing it.
- Serve with remaining (untouched) chimichurri sauce.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.