Juicy Flank Steak Recipe With Chimichurri Sauce: What You Should Make Tonight by Donna John
Flank steak topped with a tangy cilantro chimichurri sauce is a quick dinner for those busy weeknights, but perfect for weekend cookouts, too. The chimichurri sauce is also delicious on grilled chicken, fish and shrimp.
The flank steak is simply seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled to your desired doneness. The magic is when the chimichurri is drizzled over the top! The chimichurri sauce is a mixture of fresh cilantro, fresh parsley, garlic, jalapeno, onion, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Fresh, healthy and so delicious.
Not a fan of cilantro? Use all parsley in the chimichurri sauce. This flank steak recipe will soon be a family favorite. Why not serve it at your next family get-together?
Cuisine: American/South American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 - 2 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon seeded and chopped jalapeno (or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Here's how you make it:
- Pulse all chimichurri ingredients in a blender until chopped and well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper. Cook on a preheated outdoor grill or preheated grill pan until it reaches desired doneness. (Watch close – it cooks fast!) Allow steak to rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange sliced steak on a platter and top with the chimichurri sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.