Marvelous Mushroom Quiche Recipe for Dinner, Lunch or Brunch by Melissa Vickers
A quiche is another one of those classic recipes that just screams for personalization. Anything you can mix with some eggs and cheese and drop in a crust becomes a delicacy. And it is a great way to use up leftovers in the fridge!
This mushroom quiche recipe actually started from one in a diet cookbook, but I added enough to it to probably disqualify it from low-cal fare. It's delish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 70 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- store-bought pie crust, prepared but not baked
- 1 carton (7.5 ounces) vegetable cream cheese spread (I used Philadelphia Brand Garden Vegetable), softened in the microwave for 20 seconds
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Penzey’s Justice seasoning (a blend of shallots, garlic, onion, green peppercorn, chives and green onion) or your favorite seasoning blend or garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of Swiss, mozzarella and a fiesta blend)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
Here’s how to make it:
- Blend cream cheese with milk together. Add eggs and spices.
- Toss cheese with flour and add to egg mixture. Fold in mushrooms and pour into pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and quiche is set. Use a pie crust ring (or strips of foil) to cover the crust if it is browning too quickly. Let quiche set for 10 minutes before serving.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.