Caramelized Onion Quiche Recipe: Sunday Brunch Just Got Fabulous by 30Seconds Food
This creamy caramelized onion quiche recipe is easy to make, but it does require a little patience when cooking the onions. But it is well worth it. (Have a glass a wine or a mimosa while they cook!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
- 3 large onions (about 2 pounds), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a large skillet. Add the onions. Cook over low heat until they're browned, soft and caramelized, about 30 to 40 minutes. When done, sprinkle in the flour and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Press the pie crust into a pie plate or round baking dish. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake according to package directions.
- While the crust bakes, beat the eggs and cream together. Add about one-third of the cheese, thyme, and salt and pepper. Add the caramelized onions. Pour the mixture into the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 20-30 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Round Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Pie Plates $6 & Up
Thyme $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.