Maple & Pork Belly Quiche Recipe: This Easy Quiche Recipe Is a Decadent Way to Start the Weekend by Dina Deleasa-Gonsar DishItGirl.com
Pork belly makes everything better. This easy maple and pork belly quiche recipe is a rich, flavorful way to celebrate the weekend. Bet you're already dreaming about Sunday brunch. Why wait? You can brunch on Saturday, too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 48 minutes
Total Time: 58 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked pork belly (see how to make it below)
Here's how to make it:
- To cook the pork belly, cut it into small cubes and lay them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, then shake the pan and cook for about 10 minutes more. You can make this ahead of time.
- Put the pie crust into a pie plate. Crimp the edges and prick the bottom with a fork. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 8 minutes. Remove the pie crust and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- While the crust bakes, whisk together the eggs, milk and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
- After the crust has cooled about 5 minutes, add the pork belly and cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the top, making sure it covers the pork and cheese completely. Sprinkle with the chopped green onions.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top starts to brown. Cool a few minutes before serving.
Notes: The pork belly may produce some grease rising to the top of the quiche. If you find that happening just blot the top with a paper towel.
Find more recipes on DishItGirl.com.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.