To-Die-For Mushroom Quiche Recipe: Meet Your Favorite New Quiche Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Many people think quiche is a French recipe, but quiche originated in the medieval kingdom of Lothringen, under German rule, where it was called Lothringer speckkuchen. We know people will have strong opinions about this, so we're giving credit to both countries. This easy mushroom quiche recipe is so tasty, you won't care where it came from.
Start by pre-baking your pie crust until golden. While the pie crust bakes, make the filing by melting butter in a skillet. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until soft. In a bowl, whisk together the shredded cheese, milk, flour, eggs, fresh thyme, ground cayenne and eggs. Add the mushrooms and onions and pour everything into the pie crust. Bake for about 40 minutes and you're ready for an amazing lunch, brunch or dinner.
Use whatever fresh mushrooms you like best – or a combination of mushrooms. Wild mushrooms would put this quiche over the top! Serve this mushroom quiche recipe with a salad for a complete meal.
Cuisine: French / German
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie crust
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (button, baby bella, cremini, shiitake, oyster, your favorite mushroom or a combination)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, gouda, fontina or your favorite cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the pie crust in a preheated 425-degree F oven until golden, about 8 minutes. Remove and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Cook the mushrooms and onion until tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, milk, flour, eggs, thyme, cayenne pepper, to taste, and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Stir in the mushrooms and onions. Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until quiche is set.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $8 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Ground Cayenne $3 & Up
Quiche Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.