Cheesy Baked Chicken Fajita Stuffed Shells Recipe With Vegetables & Crispy Panko by Melissa Vickers
Tonight’s start-with-a-recipe-and-make-it-your-own dinner starts with jumbo shells, filled with a cheesy, chicken-y, spinach-y mixture. Alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese and some breadcrumbs top it off! This fusion stuffed shell recipe is a keeper.
The original recipe didn’t call for fajita-flavored chicken, mushrooms, celery or alfredo sauce, but did call for a layer of sliced tomatoes under the top mozzarella cheese covering. Every recipe is just a starting point for you to make it your own!
Cuisine: Italian / Mexican / American
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- onion powder, dried basil, garlic powder, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 - 5 small mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup fully cooked chicken fajita strips, cut into small cubes
- 1 jar (15 ounces) alfredo sauce
- 1/2 box jumbo shells pasta, cooked al dente, rinsed with cold water and drained
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Cook the onion, mushrooms, celery, garlic, onion powder, dried basil and garlic powder for about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, chicken and veggie mixture. Mix well.
- Pour half the jar of alfredo sauce in bottom of a casserole dish.
- Using a spoon, fill each shell with mixture and place in casserole dish. Top with the remaining sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle with the panko.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until panko is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.