5-Ingredient Italian Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe by Donna John
Stuffed pasta on a weeknight? Yep, because these stuffed shells are so easy to make! Stuffed with mozzarella, ricotta and spinach, this is one pasta recipe you won't soon forget.
This five-ingredient stuffed pasta shells recipe is made with shredded mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, frozen chopped spinach, jumbo pasta shells and a jar of spaghetti sauce. To make the creamy filling, mix together the cheeses and spinach. Season with salt and black pepper, then stuff into cooked pasta shells. Add the spaghetti sauce and bake until hot and bubbly. So quick and easy!
Be sure to squeeze all the moisture out of the spinach before mixing it with the cheeses. If you prefer fresh spinach, cook it until wilted, let it cool then squeeze out the moisture. Serve these cheesy stuffed shells with a salad or a vegetable. Don't forget the side of garlic bread!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cheeses and spinach in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread a little of the pasta sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Stuff the filling into the shells and put into the dish.
- Spoon the rest of the sauce over the shells.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can pour all of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking dish if you prefer.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Jumbo Shells $2 & Up
Spaghetti Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.