Dr Pepper Jelly Recipe: Yep, Jelly Made With Soda Is a Thing in Texas by 30Seconds Food
Photo: Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute in Waco, Texas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups Dr Pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- red food coloring (optional)
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the sugar, Dr Pepper and lemon juice in a saucepot. Add a few drops of red food coloring, if desired. Cook over high heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the liquid pectin and bring back to a boil. Boil for 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and skim off any foam.
- Pour the mixture into sterilized pint mason jars. Cool. Store opened jelly in the refrigerator.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dr. Pepper $4 & Up
Liquid Pectin $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pint Mason Jars $6 & Up
Red Food Coloring $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.