Dr Pepper Jelly Recipe: Yep, Jelly Made With Soda Is a Thing in Texas by 30Seconds Food
Photo: Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute in Waco, Texas (Bigstock).
The carbonated soda jelly is made with granulated sugar, Dr Pepper, lemon juice and liquid pectin. You can add in some red food coloring for a richer, darker color, but that's your call. The ingredients simmer on the stove before being poured into sterilized canning jars or mason jars. Simple!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups Dr Pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- red food coloring (optional)
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the sugar, Dr Pepper and lemon juice in a saucepot. Add a few drops of red food coloring, if desired. Cook over high heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the liquid pectin and bring back to a boil. Boil for 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and skim off any foam.
- Pour the mixture into sterilized pint mason jars. Cool. Store opened jelly in the refrigerator.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.