Easy Dandelion Jelly Recipe: You Won't Consider Dandelions Weeds Anymore After Tasting This Floral Jelly Recipe by 30Seconds Food
If you love honey, you need to try this dandelion jelly recipe, which many people use as a substitute for honey. Tasting like a floral honey, this easy dandelion jelly can be used on pancakes, biscuits, waffles, stirred into yogurt, used to sweeten tea, spread on toast or poured over cream cheese. Dandelions also have health benefits, and contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese and zinc. Ready to give these flowers a try?
Prep Time: 10 minutes to sterilize jars
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5 jars
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 4 cups dandelion petals (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (1.75 ounces) fruit pectin
- 4 1/2 cups sugar (see note)
- yellow food coloring (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Add the dandelion petals, reduce heat and simmer gently about 15 minutes. Remove the petals with a slotted spoon and discard. Shake out as much water from the petals as you can.
- Pour the dandelion water into a 4-cup measuring glass. You want 3 cups of dandelion water. Add regular water to make 3 cups, if needed. Pour it back into the pot.
- Add the lemon juice, pectin and food coloring, if using. Bring to a boil. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, about 1 to 2 minutes. Skim off any foam that accumulates at the top.
- Pour the mixture into sterilized jars. Process the jarred jelly, if desired. Let the jelly cool and then refrigerate.
Note: Because this jelly is like a honey, there is quite a bit of sugar in it. If you'd like it less syrupy jelly, you can reduce the amount of sugar to 3 to 4 cups. Experiment until you find the perfect consistency for you.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.