5-Ingredient Cola Baked Beans Recipe: A Sweet Southern Side Dish by Donna John
Baked beans are a must at cookouts. And especially with some foods, like hamburgers, barbecue and hot dogs. This easy cola baked beans recipe cooks in the slow cooker, so you have time to enjoy your family. The recipe has just five simple ingredients!
Cooking with carbonated cola is nothing new in the south (we even make Dr Pepper jelly!). These simple slow-cooked cola baked beans have a very short shopping list: a big can of baked beans, an onion, bacon, brown sugar and cola. The type of cola you use will affect the flavor of the beans. I prefer using plain ol' Coke for this recipe.
Serve these baked beans as a side dish with chicken, pork, beef, hamburgers or hotdogs.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 5 hours
Total Time: 4 to 5 hours
- 1 can (55 ounces) baked beans (I used Bush's Original Baked Beans)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled (I used maple bacon)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cola (I used Coke)
- If you want the sauce a little thicker, remove the lid during the last 30 minutes to an hour of cooking time.
Here's how to make it:
1. Put all the ingredients into a slow cooker.
2. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.