Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe: Summer Is the Time to Make Homemade Strawberry Jam by Donna John
We've all seen that commercial about the jelly that "has to be good." It is, but homemade jelly is just ... well ... better. Sorry, Smucker's. Try this easy strawberry jelly recipe and see what you think.
Prep Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes 6 8-ounce jars
- 3 pints strawberries, washed and hulled
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
Here’s how to make them:
- Put the strawberries and sugar in a large pot. Toss to coat and let it sit at room temperature for about 3 hours.
- Put the pot over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to cook until thickened and syrup-like, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon the jam into sterilized jars.
- Process in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
Learn how to process and sterilize your canning jars.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8-ounce Canning Jars $7 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.