Refreshing Basil Pesto Recipe With Lemon: Meet Your New Favorite Pesto Recipe by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
I absolutely love pesto. I prefer homemade basil pesto, of course, but have always been intimidated by the idea of making it myself. Until now.
This is a pesto recipe I can handle and it’s delicious! There’s nothing like homemade pesto, and the addition of lemon makes it even more refreshing. Pesto pairs well with chicken, fish, pasta, vegetables and more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1 cup
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves (no stems)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or walnuts (I prefer pine nuts)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil leaves and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. (If using a blender, you may want to use a baking spatula to scrape down the sides and then stir several times to fully blend and combine all ingredients.)
- Add the Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pulse to combine.
- Turn the blender on and drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil from the top opening. Add the salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Pine Nuts $4 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.